Academic Working Group
Bottom liner: Richard Littauer
How to get involved:
- Join the #sustainoss-academia channel on the Open Collective Slack.
- Join the Google Group.
- Come to our next meeting, on January 25th at 12:00PM ET.
- Email [email protected] with any questions.
- To connect universities and other academic research institutions to collaborate on how to approach and work on open source together.
- To build an ecosystem map of the space so that we know who is doing relevant work and how to get involved
- To connect people working in universities, both in and outside of OSPOs
- To enable collaboration around shared effort in academia
- What does it mean for open source to be part of academia?
- What is the role of OSPOs in academia? What does a post-OSPO world look like?
- How do students, researchers, civil society members, and institutions work together effectively for open source?
- What is the wider role around research software engineers, and how can we support them as part of the open source ecosystem?
Reports, documents, and resources
- An ecosystem map is being made to outline the space as a whole.