It all started with a tweet in November 2016. Six months later, one hundred people gathered in San Francisco and created a cultural shift in how we think about the sustainability of open source software.
After the event, a report was written and a definition was born, “sustainer—the individual or organization who is concerned with the fragile state and future of highly-used and impactful open source projects”. If that sounds like something you identify with, you should join us.
Sustain events are led by a facilitator. There are no keynotes, talks, or sponsor demos. Your undivided attention is required. Phones and laptops should not be used throughout the day and you will be asked to put devices away if they are a distraction to you or anyone else.
This year’s organizers are:
- Pia Mancini - pia at sustainoss.org
- Justin Dorfman - jd at sustainoss.org
- Allen “Gunner” Gunn of Aspiration
- Ben Nickolls
- Eric Berry of CodeFund
You can find all of our logo variations on Identihub.
Our tool stack includes:
- Jekyll and gems
- Bootstrap v4 as our framework, which is served via BootstrapCDN
- GitHub Pages for building and hosting the website
- Cloudflare for security and optimizations