Diversity Equity and Inclusion Working Group
Bottom liner: Anita Ihuman
How to get involved:
- Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) from a global perspectives and how it affects open source.
- Collaborating with existing communities to spotlight possible indicators to improve community health and communication.
- Discussing best practices for implementing DEI principles for projects and contributors.
- Supporting communities willing to implement diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts by connecting them with experts leading initiatives.
- Organising events and programs that help open source communities and members understand DEI principles and best practices.
- Collaborating with organizations championing DEI to create and curate resources and reference guides.
- What does DEI mean to you? How do you approach DEI within your Community? Do you focus only on users, contributors, or both?
- How can we support DEI efforts in FOSS communities?
- How can we sustain the DEI within the open source?
Reports, documents, and resources
We do not have any of these currently available. However, we do have notes from Sustain Summit unconference discussions. As well, reports and educative documents will eventually be created as we progress.
We aim to collaborate with existing projects that are already championing DEI efforts by providing additional support, driving more awareness, contributions, promotion, or other forms of assistance. All questions, suggestions, feedback, or partnership ideas are invaluable to our mission. Together, we can make a meaningful difference.
Get in touch
- If you are interested in participating, ask to join [email protected] to get an invite to the meetings
- Join our bi-weekly meetings on Fridays at 12:00 PM ET.