To bring an ethical perspective to FOSS projects, in the what we create, and the way we treat staff and contributors.
- Create guidelines for creating Ethics boards
- Help facilitate labor organizing
- To normalize ethics as part of development
- Lowering barriers for ethics in terms of legal and technology
- Help create or facilitate tooling and education
- What does it mean to work ethically in open source?
- How can ethics and a free and open source license coexist?
- What does ethical enforcement and regulation look like?
- How can we do the most moral good while also making open source software?
We have a podcast, which we make together with the Ethical Source group. Listen here.
How to get involved
For now, this group is meeting irregularly. To get involved and to help bootstrap efforts, your best bet is to get in touch with either Chris Chinchilla or Richard Littauer, or to post on the Sustain Discourse.