To define a methodology to identify and deploy healthy governance models.
The main goal of the working group has initially been described as:
- Create a checklist to verify whether open source projects are ready to deploy some kind of governance (or to change their current governance for a healthy one).
You can visit the checklist website here.
Other complementary goals are:
- Identification of analysis dimensions in open source projects. It may be needed for the assessment of the current status of the project.
- List of possible governance models (or most used / recommended)
- Recommendations/fixes to make your project governance-ready
- What do you understand by “governance readiness”? (e.g., ability to be governed, things to change to enable a specific governance models, etc.)
- What do you understand by “governance checklist”? Do we aim at creating an actual checklist?
- What should be the actual focus? (e.g., identifying governance models, proposing a change in the model, checking that an OSS project is well governed, etc.)
- Should we focus on specific topics? (e.g., community, methodology, etc.)
- What is the most immediate step to take? short-term? long-term?
- How do you see your contribution to this group?
Reports and documents
The first discussion took place at Sustain 2020:
- Notes of the session
- Summary of the session and report for kick-off meeting
- Organization of the group
April, 14th, 2020. Kick-off meeting:
April, 27th, 2020. Milestone 1:
May, 6th, 2020. Milestone 2:
June 4th, 2020. Second meeting:
July, 7th, 2020. Milestone 3:
July, 28th, 2020. Last Update: